Friday, December 3, 2010

Asian noodle soup

This is a very simple recipe that my mom taught me to make when I have leftover spaghetti. It is delicious and healthy and can be changed up depending on what you have in your fridge.  I am a vegetarian so this could easily be modified to satisfy a meat eater or I think it is delicious just the way it is!

Start off by chopping up 1/2-1 leek depending on how much you like, I personally love it so I use a whole one and place it in a sauce pan.  Then add a cup or two of water also depending on how much liquid in the soup you want.  Add 1 or 2 packets of Trader Joe's vegetarian broth (they come in little green boxes), a splash of sesame oil, and soy sauce to taste. I also like to add some sliced or grated ginger.  I never seem to be able to use an entire knob of ginger so I was taught to put it in the freezer and then just grate it! It is a great trick. Turn up to medium and let the leeks cook. While the water is coming up to a boil chop up broccoli and jalapeno then add it. Once the broccoli is almost cooked add frozen green peas (my favorite food) and some left over spaghetti noodles.  In the picture below I used whole wheat, to make it even healthier than it already is!  I think this recipe is good and easy and really anything could be added to it.


-Molly

No comments:

Post a Comment