Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Peach and Blueberry Pie

I had some leftover pie dough from Molly's pie, so I made a pie shell and browsed recipes for something to do with it... I had a can of peaches, and 3 cups of frozen blueberries.  This really became an experiment. I used honey and white sugar instead of brown sugar because I didn't have any (which didn't come out too bad, but i can definitely taste a hint of honey). I think i should have used half as much sugar though in the first place, this pie is really sweet. The recipe I used is from a peach and blueberry cobbler on Smitten Kitchen.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/07/cornmeal-drop-biscuit-peach-blueberry-cobbler/

Filling:
3 cups peaches cut into slices
3 cups blueberries
2 tablespoons flour
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

-Roseanne

No comments:

Post a Comment